|

RAHADAY SPEAKS TO IZZO BUSINESS


By Seif Kabelele
Izzo Business is one the hottest Hip Hop artists in the country who has been active in the music industry for about 3 years but quickly ascended to stardom after minting the Riz-one a musical national anthem to the ears of many music lovers in Tanzania. Izzo B who was born Emanuel Bryson Simwanga, is well known for his hard hitting punchlines and for playing a crucial role in lyrically creating awareness on issues that affect Tanzanians.
Rahaday met up with Izzo Business and asked him the following questions
Rahaday: So who is Izzo Business?
Izzo Business: Izzo Business is a stage name and a performance personality. I would say Izzo Business is currently well known artist in Tanzania and in many other parts in east Africa. Izzo Business is also a businessman when he is not performing on stage. I’m best known for my commitment & passion to everything.
Rahaday: Why music and not any other profession?
If memory serves me correct, I had a passion for music ever since I can remember and that is basically why I always party crashed ceremonies with an excuse of performing.  I believe I was born to do this.
Rahaday: Which record label are you signed to and what is their role in your music career?
I’m not signed to any Record Label.
Rahaday: What are some of the songs that pushed you to be considered among the top bongo flava artists?
So far it’s ‘Riz One’ and ‘Miss Business’
Rahaday: So what are some of the challenges Izzo B is facing?
Ummm……let’s see challenges!! Well, there is the fabricated stories from media which damage our (artists) reputation.
I also find it hard for my music to penetrate to all the places I want it to reach. Like to my fans everywhere, radio and TV station, to every club, hang outs and happening places.
Rahaday: What are you doing for a living besides music?
Okay I’m a businessman when I’m not performing on stage

Rahaday: What are your views on the ever increasing awards in the country?
Awards are good for business and music because the competition make us more focused and serious. but my concern is the categorization.  The criteria organizers use when making the categories is not upto standard.
Rahaday: How would you want to be remembered in the music industry?
As an artist who inspired young people to reach their wildest imagination.

Rahaday: All that said, what’s next for Izzo B?
Writing more songs
Rahaday: Where have you performed since becoming an accl
aimed artist?
Intercollege School bash, Fiesta and many other places in Tanzania

Rahaday: Where do you prefer to sing...At the studio live on stage?
On stage
Rahaday: What is interesting about your love life got any chic?
Yeah!!! I got a chic


Posted by Unknown on 10:49 PM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Feel free to leave a response

Blog Archive

Labels

Recently Commented

Recently Added